The BennCo Team
Brian Bennett - Marie Patti - Rick Wetzel - Taylor Willson
After a negative expensive experience with a financial advisor in 1991, Rick focused his efforts on recovering his losses, and on becoming a better investor. By applying some of the same analytical, yet creative tools learned as an engineer, he found a passion for market analysis and investment management. These acquired skills were financially rewarding for his own account.
He was prompted by this personal investment success to seek out the opportunity to work with clients and joined BennCo Advisors in 2001. His attention to detail and genuine desire to help others achieve their financial goals has led to steady growth of assets and a loyal clientele of business owners and individuals seeking to build financial wealth for the future.
- His planning and advisory efforts are focused on:
- Creating the right foundation for success, beginning with the fundamentals of building assets. In this foundation building process the core essentials are addressed:
- Do clients have an emergency fund set aside?
- Maximizing 401k, Traditional & Roth IRAs and any other tax deferred investments.
- A fundamental understanding of life insurance and its true purpose.
- For business owners:
- Maximize the financial opportunities of ownership
- Coaching for retirement or succession transition
- Monetization of business assets
- Investment expertise is focused on:
- Accumulating and protecting assets
- Monitoring market changes,
- Strategies to manage personal life transitions, making mid course adjustments
- Continuous client interaction and education to grow and deepen understanding of personal finance and investing.
- Transitioning from wealth accumulation to income and distribution through planned strategies to maximize a successful retirement or wealth transfer plan.
- He is committed to his community and has an extensive record as a volunteer. His past service includes eight years on the Woodland Park School Board, and as an officer in the Woodland Park Saddle Club. He also served as a volunteer at the Pikes Peak Work Force Center and served as ambassador for the Chamber of Commerce. As an active outdoorsman and horseman, he has won regional awards in Cowboy Action Shooting, a competitive style of marksmanship in the tradition of Colorado’s Western culture.
- Rick is a devoted husband of 30 years and father to two..
- Prior to becoming a financial advisor Rick had a 19-year career as a robotics engineer in technology manufacturing. Preparatory to this, in 1982,he received an Associate's degree in Electronic Engineering Technology from ITT Tech.